Hi, How Can We Help You?

Chartered Accountant Licensing Canada

Becoming a CPA

The CPA designation provides assurance to the public, the government, and the business community that CPA licensees have obtained the education and relevant work experience necessary to perform specialized accounting, auditing, and reporting services within a strict code of professional ethics.

Getting a PNP Nomination for your Canadian Immigration supports your CRS score by 600 points, thereby guaranteeing you an Invitation to Apply for Canadian Permanent Residency.

Prospects of CA's moving to Canada

The prospects of a Chartered Accountant in Canada are much the same as in India for CAs. In Canada, CAs are known by Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA). CPA is the fundamental overseeing body for the accountants and it issues authentications and certifications to CPAs. If you need to move to Canada in 2021 and work there as a CA expert, at that point you should know about the CPA confirmation process.

You can do this either after you have move to Canada or before initiating your immigration process. We insist on getting your certification before you immigration process for your own personal satisfaction. There wont be any turning back if in case you fail to obtain a CPA certification post immigrating to Canada.

How to apply?

Canada has one of the easiest programs on the planet. To apply for this program, you should follow the following steps:

  • To start with, go online to the IRCC official site and fill out the Express Entry application form.
  • You must mention the credentials asked like your age, educational qualification, work skills, language abilities, family living in Canada and so forth.
  • When you enter your credentials, you will get a CRS score and dependent on that your qualification for Canada immigration will be checked.
  • If you manage to get a good CRS score and also presents the documents validating your credentials, then your profile will enter into the Express Entry pool. At this step, you can register yourself in the job bank of Canada and look for potential firms all over Canada that can grant you a job offer.
  • While waiting in the pool, you can also apply for a PNP. Provinces like British Columbia, Ontario, Alberta and so forth as of now have CAs in demand, so you can apply for them. If a province gives you a nomination, you will get extra CRS of 600 points!
  • With points from the nomination, you will get an invite easily under the Express Entry program.
  • Even if you do not want to apply for a provincial nomination, you can get an invitation to apply or ITA if your CRS score is over the cut-off for the draw conducted by CIC (after you submit your application). When you have the ITA, you can apply for a Canada PR visa to the IRCC inside 90 days of getting the ITA.
  • After getting the PR visa, you will have 1 year to move and settle to Canada. This means that within 1 year, you must enter Canada at least once otherwise your PR shall stand void.


The Jobs in Canada for Accountants are in abundance. Unemployment for qualified Accountants in Canada is almost negligible.

A Chartered Accountant with under 5 years of Canadian CPA experience can hope to get a normal Salary of around $75k while CPA with mid-level experience can hope to have a normal all out remuneration of $96k.An accomplished Chartered Accountant with 10 to 20 years of experience can hope to gain a normal remuneration of $113,600 and a Chartered Accountant with late-profession experience can hope to procure a normal pay of $165,000.